Micos Engineering GmbH started its activity in the second half of 2010 and is hosted by glaTec in Dübendorf, a business incubator activated by Empa. Micos is characterized by core competences and knowledge in the domain of optical spectroscopy systems and allied technologies for space devoted applications. Micos capabilities range from technology studies, to research and development to turn-key systems.
Micos expertise covers all aspects of the development of optical instruments including data processing and analysis:
- Design, requirement flowdown
- Trade-off analysis
- Optical design
- Mechanical design
- [Electronics design with partners]
- Opto-mechanical assembly and integration
- Instrument testing and validation
- Instrument modeling
- Data processing / Algorithms / Software
- Project Management
- Quality assurance / Product assurance
Micos also relies on its network of partners to provide state-of-the-art results to its customers.